Two Portland Trail Blazers players got votes in the NBA’s annual Rookie Survey, which seeks to gauge how this year’s crop of newbies thinks about itself and the league in general.
Trent performed especially well in the survey, receiving votes for biggest steal of the draft, best rookie shooter and best rookie defender. Nurkic received votes for favorite player.
More from Rip City Project
- Portland Trail Blazers: Trading for T.J. Warren could take team to next level
- Nuggets Bubble Brilliance Reveals Portland Trail Blazers’ Prowess
- Portland Trail Blazers: Hassan Whiteside was crucial to 2019/20 playoff run
- Portland Trail Blazers: Damian Lillard explains how he found extra gear in NBA bubble
- Portland Trail Blazers: Wesley Matthews is the perfect free agent signing
Here’s how the Rookie Survey voting process was described by John Schuhmann, writing for NBA.com.
For the 10th time in the last 12 years, NBA.com sat down with the rookie class at the annual Rookie Photo Shoot at the New York Knicks’ practice facility. This year’s group (of 36) answered seven questions about their class, as well as a few about the current player they most admire and what they’re expecting as they make the jump to the NBA.
Blazers Get Votes: Biggest Steal
The votes with Portland players listed went down as follows.
Question: Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?
1. Keita Bates-Diop (48th pick), Minnesota — 13 percent.
Blazers Get Votes: Best Shooter
Question: Which rookie is the best shooter?
1. Trae Young Atlanta (47 percent).
3. Gary Trent Jr., Portland (9 percent).
Blazers Get Votes: Best Defender
Question: Which rookie is the best defender?
The Memphis Grizzlies’ Jevon Carter was the top vote-getter with 29 percent. Trent Jr. made the “others receiving votes” list.
Blazers Get Votes: Favorite Player
The Lakers’ LeBron James won this one in a landslide, picking up 29 percent of the vote. Steph Curry and Kevin Durant tied for second with 9 percent. Nurkic made the “others receiving votes” category.