Ladies and gentlemen of Rip City, it’s Mother’s Day. If this is the first you’re hearing about it, stop what you’re doing, call the woman that gave you life, and come back later. Otherwise, join me in thanking some of the women that made our Portland Trail Blazers possible.
Happy Mother’s Day to:
- Gina Johnson – Mother of Damian Lillard
- Pam Moore – Mother of Wesley Matthews
- Sylvie Charrière-Batum – Mother of Nicolas Batum
- Georgia Aldridge – Mother of LaMarcus Aldridge
- Monica Smith Malone – Mother of Nolan Smith
- Barbara Johnson – Mother of Eric Maynor
- Karen Bush – Mother of Will Barton
- Laura Babbitt – Mother of Luke Babbitt
- Ana Arocas Cabo – Mother of Victor Claver
- Gayle Freeland – Mother of Joel Freeland
- Tracie Leonard – Mother of Meyers Leonard
- The unknown Mrs. Pavlovic – Mother of Sasha Pavlovic
Special condolences to J.J. Hickson, whose mother, Keena Hickson, died of kidney failure when he was young, as well as Elliot Williams, who lost his mother, Delois Williams, to cancer earlier this year.
Some (if not all) of the young men that compose the Portland Trail Blazers must have been handfuls. Thank you so very much for seeing them through to adulthood and being part of the Blazer nation. We appreciate each and every one of you, with us or not, that molded these boys into men. It is because of you that the Portland Trail Blazers have the reputation for humility and respect that they do today. Happy Mother’s Day!
(You too, mom)