It’s July 10th, Rip City, and that means that all of the deals that the Trail Blazers made this offseason have been/are being finalized. Free agents have been signed, trades have been approved, and the roster has been updated. Here’s a quick timeline of the Blazers’ moves, starting with this year’s NBA draft:
- June 27th – The Trail Blazers select CJ McCollum, Grant Jerrett, Jeff Withey, and Marko Todorovic in the NBA draft. Jerrett is promptly traded to the Thunder for cash considerations, while Portland trades two future 2nd rounders to the Cavs for the rights to Allen Crabbe.
- June 30th – The Trail Blazers trade the draft rights to Kostas Papanikolaou and Marko Todorovic with two future 2nd rounders to the Rockets for Thomas Robinson. The Rockets were looking to clear cap space to sign Dwight Howard (which they did) and Portland walked away with a steal.
- July 4th – The Trail Blazers trade two future 2nd rounders to the Kings and Jeff Withey to the Pelicans in a 3-team trade to acquire Robin Lopez and Terrel Harris. They gained a (probable) starting center and a warm body to bolster backcourt numbers.
- July 6th – The Trail Blazers sign free agents Dorell Wright and Earl Watson; Wright for 2 years, $6M, and Watson for the veteran minimum ($1.4M). The two will provide a combined 21 years of experience. The Blazers now have a new player at every position.
Blazer related moves:
- July 1st – Eric Maynor agrees to a multi-year deal with the Wizards
- July 7th – J.J. Hickson agrees to a 3 year, $15M deal with the Nuggets
The Blazers’ current depth chart looks like:
PG: Damian Lillard | CJ McCollum | Earl Watson
SG: Wesley Matthews | Will Barton | Allen Crabbe | Terrel Harris
SF: Nicolas Batum | Dorell Wright | Victor Claver
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge | Thomas Robinson
C: Robin Lopez | Meyers Leonard | Joel Freeland
Compared to where they ended last season:
PG: Damian Lillard | Eric Maynor | Nolan Smith
SG: Wesley Matthews | Sasha Pavlovic | Will Barton
SF: Nicolas Batum | Victor Claver | Luke Babbitt
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge | Jared Jeffries | Joel Freeland
C: J.J. Hickson | Meyers Leonard
Portland could still conduct more business before the season begins, but they have used the vast majority of their fiscal resources. With the exception of possible trades and signings, the Blazers new lineup looks to be complete. Are you as excited as I am?