Just a little research I did before we start breaking down the series for realsies. Take them as little tidbits, maybe drop one on a Suns fan if you want to talk trash or drop some knowledge on your buddies.
- This will be the 7th time Portland and Phoenix have matched up in the post-season. The last series: 98-99 in the first round. Both teams have won 3 series a piece.
- This will be the 4th time these two have matched up in the first round. Phoenix won three of those series (78-79, 83-84, 94-95) while Portland took a 3-0 sweep in the 98-99 lockout season that didn’t happen.
- The Suns have never won a playoff game in the Rose Garden (0-2). Although the Suns did murder the Memorial Coliseum, defeating the Blazers 117-109 courtesy of Charles Barkley’s 47 point performance.
- Portland is 2-3 at the America West Arena/US Airways Center in the playoffs.
- This is only the third time they will match up in a seven-game series.The Blazers have never lost to the Suns in a 7-game series, taking the conference finals in 89-90 (4-2) and the conference semis 91-92 (4-1).
Not-so-fun-fact: Portland has lost 17 of their last 20 games in the US Airways Center.