As you all know the NBA Playoffs will have started when I wake up in the morning. A glorious day of sitting on the couch and watching games all day long. I suggest you hit up our Twitter as I’ll be updating from my TwitterBerry all day long. Anyways, all 4 of your long-time RCP readers will know the tradition of playoff predictions. You might even know that a certain genius blogger nailed the Warriors beating the Mavs in 6. I’m just saying. Keeping it brief this year so as not to bump down Coup’s epic pre-thoughts on the series. Also, the Blazers are actually in the playoffs so there’s no need to distract myself from the lottery this year.
- Lakers vs. Jazz: The Lakers are going to win this series, its just a matter of when not if. It won’t be a sweep. Sloan’s too good of a coach, and they are too good at home for that to happen. And based on that insane ability to win at home I’ll say the Jazz extend it to 6 games. Utah simply does not have enough firepower offensively to keep it up and not enough defensively to stop the firepower the Lakers have. Lakers in 6.
- Blazers vs. Rockets: Read Coup’s pre-thoughts below. I’d love to jump on Coup’s ‘Blazers in 5′ express and could see it happening, but I’ll stay with realism here. I could see a whole wealth of scenarios happening. Someone could steal home-court and lose it right back or home-court will win out. Either way my pick is Blazers in 7.
- Spurs vs. Mavericks: A lot of this is based off a hunch feeling in my gut. I feel like Dallas can steal a win in San Antonio and clinch it at home. San Antonio is a two-man show and I don’t like them not having Manu in the clutch and having to depend on so many iffy guys in huge situations. So I’m going to say… Dallas in 6.
- Nuggets vs. Hornets: The Chris Paul Show can only do so much. Denver in 5.
- Cleveland vs. Detroit: There’s a million things I could say about the fall of the Pistons. I don’t think any is more effective than this. Cleveland in 4.
- Atlanta vs. Miami: This series could be a ton of a fun or could turn out to be extremely disappointing. The Hawks are out to prove last year wasn’t a fluke and advance. Miami…well..Dwyane Wade is still on his Road to Redemption and is out for blood. And he’s angry. So uhh….Miami in 6.
- Orlando vs. Philadelphia: Despite my reservations about the Magic, I’m still taking them to win this one with ease. Just a real good matchup for them. Philly could barely beat Cleveland’s scrubs in a must-win situation. They still can’t shoot and they still can’t play in the half-court. Orlando in 5.
- Boston vs. Chicago: Everyone is pressing the ‘OMG PANIC’ button the C’s which will probably make them come out like wildfire. This is the same Chicago team that just laid an egg in a must-win situation at home against Toronto. And they are supposed to take 4 out of 7 from the C’s? Excuse me for not drinking the kool-aid. Celtics in 5.